Saturday, August 30, 2008

Are you a you or a we?

A couple of weeks ago I had a discussion with a friend and she told me I was one of few people that hadn't remarked on her particular chosen career, a girl working as a tester. We kept going and ended up talking about how a person identifies herself, if it were by how she behaves and thinks, or what groups she consider herself to be a part of.

I'm so very tired of being identified as a geek; quiet, boring, only talks about computers and since that was more or less the only group I considered myself a part of I now consider myself kind of groupless, and quite skeptical of becoming part of a new group. C never really became "my group", I like to just be me, lately I've begun to like being me, it's kinda nice.

Anyway, to the point. I, or we, don't remember, have a theory that people that don't identify who they are through a group have it much easier to accept people that stick out, don't conform to the normal patterns. Girls working as programmers, guys working as nurses.

No comments: